Join a Mechanical Cable Manufacturer That’s Trusted Around the World.
Carl Stahl Sava Industries is a destination for career-minded professionals who want to work with some of the scarcest mechanical cables produced on earth.
As part of the Sava team, you’ll have the opportunity to bring ground-breaking, innovative solutions to markets that are changing robotics and minimally invasive surgery, as well as a host of industries around the world.
Whether you’re designing a custom cable assembly or working with the people who do, Sava’s employees have the distinction of helping the world be a safer, healthier, and more productive place to work and live.
We hope you consider joining Sava. We’d be thrilled to have you!
Location: Riverdale, NJ
Job Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the set up and operation of tubular stranding machines to manufacture wire rope (mechanical cable) and to ensure wire rope and strand is produced within specification.
- Perform any necessary adjustments at set ups and to check accuracy during production.
- Ensure the quality production of their assigned jobs at expected production level.
- Operate and monitor multiple machines as assigned.
- Perform routine maintenance such as cleaning, oiling, and lubricating machines.
- Check machine operation and report faults to the supervisor or lead person.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work process, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Some mechanical experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of mechanical processes and measurement.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with and handle very small wire
- The position is in the factory and involves walking, standing for long periods of time.
- Fast-paced environment, usually work standard 40-hour weeks, but overtime may be necessary as workload dictates.
- Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Overtime shifts available on an "as needed" basis.
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Share your information and we will contact you if new opportunities fitting your qualifications become available.
Share Your Information
The quality inspector inspects products and components in accordance with established standards.
The ideal candidate will possess a trained eye for detail and will be reliable and committed. In-depth knowledge and comprehension of quality standards is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects incoming, in-process production, and approves final inspections.
- Visual and dimensional test of manufactured parts, assemblies or sub-assemblies and raw materials.
- Records testing results ensuring adherence to approved quality standards.
- Completes product testing which includes proof loading, burst strength, etc.
- Performs First Article Inspections including documentation as per A59102 requirements.
- Prepares Certificates of Analysis for customer shipments - Both Hard Copies and Electronic, (On-Line).
- Understands manufacturing routings and drawings.
- Notifies management of equipment malfunctions.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Completes training requirements as specified in the company training matrix.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Effective communication skills (Verbal & Written)
- Physical Dexterity
- Attention to Detail
- Technical Ability
- Time Management
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Mechanical Skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior Inspection Experience (3 Years)
Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Share your information, and we will contact you if new opportunities fitting your qualifications become available.
Share Your Information
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
The SDR is a critical contributor to Sava’s growth success. As our customer’s primary point of contact, this role demands that the candidate possess a passion for overjoying customers, understanding the value of a sterling reputation, as well as proven experience navigating a complex, technical, and often protracted sales cycle.
There is no cold calling or hard selling at all.
Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) comprise highly-motivated, well-qualified prospects that compete within both niche and custom consultative vertical markets, as well as crowded and commoditized horizontal markets. The candidate will confidently speak to and collaborate with well-educated scientists, engineers and procurement experts.
SQLs are created through the company’s demand generation and account-based marketing strategies and are meticulously shepherded by the SDR through Sava’s proven sales processes. Day-to-day actions, such as coordinating, triggering and planning nurturing activities are all executed via marketing automation SaaS (Account Engagement) and organized and captured in Salesforce, the company’s CRM.
The candidate will speak directly with customers and prospects across any of the following mediums: live webchat, phone, email and/or social media. The SDR will also enter RFQs, quotes, establish pricing, manage lead times, and overall customer activity via the company’s ERP system.
The SDR answers to and works directly with Sava’s Customer Success Manager (CSM) and may periodically assist Sava’s CSM with major accounts or other tasks.
- Processing of Daily Customer Purchase Orders
- Processing of Daily Customer Quote Requests
- Read and Interpret Basic Mechanical Drawings
- Collaborate with Engineering, Production and Operations Teams
- Provide Frontline Technical Assistance and Redundant Sales Support
- Provide Product Samples and Appropriate Follow Up
- Manage Customer Complaints and RMA Processing
- Logging of Customer Quality Control and Environmental Documentation Requirements
- Follow up and Document the Status of All Open Customer Quotations
- Engage Customer Inquiries via Website Chat
- Redundant Inbound Call Support
- Account Management & Ongoing Customer Care
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Demonstrable record of success as an account manager/customer service representative in a competitive B2B space. The candidate will be self-motivated, eager to grow and learn new soft and hard skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a technical sales cycle and with C-suite executives, scientists, engineers, and supply chain experts
- A background in technical account management or customer service across medical device manufacturing markets a plus
- The candidate will likewise demonstrate a history of successfully navigating urgent, everchanging deadlines and delivery promises
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Background in B2B Account Management and Customer Support Environments
- Real-World Experience Using a Modern CRM
- Exceptional Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Detail Oriented & Team Player
- Independently Motivated
- Must be Ambitious, Imaginative and Driven
- Technical Sales and Marketing Experience
- Background in Engineering/Technical Sales
- Sales Force CRM & Exposure to Modern Marketing Automation SaaS
Candidates must provide no fewer than three (3) business references, known for no fewer than two (2) years and professionally involved with the candidate within the last six (6) months.
MAKE IT SAVA.
It's more than a battle cry; it's a reality. Carl Stahl Sava Industries produces the miniature mechanical cable and cable assemblies going inside the most sophisticated surgical and industrial robots. They're found in aircraft, spacecraft, military equipment, along with a limitless amount of motion systems around the world.
And Sava's contributions to the betterment of the world's moving machines isn’t measured in years, but in decades. As a matter of fact, at Sava, it’s typical to work alongside experts that have been with us for 10, 15, or even as many as 30 years. And because Sava's employees enjoy generous benefits, competitive salaries and a commitment to a healthy work-life balance, you’ll be hard-pressed to work alongside a more motivated and dedicated team.
IN THEIR OWN WORDS...
Chaitali is a Quality Engineer and is responsible for continuous improvement in quality system, quality control, supplier quality, as well as machine and equipment calibration, failure investigations and root cause analysis. She assists the quality team with inspections and materials testing and validation, along with finished product inspections.
“Sava has given me a place to collaborate with passionate scientific professionals who love what they do!”
Kyle is a Design Engineer at Sava and is responsible for designing and developing rigging, testing and manufacturing automation systems that help Sava’s products get into the hands of our buyers quickly and more efficiently.
“Solving complex engineering problems is what excites me to be working for Sava. Everyday there are new and interesting customer designs that I ensure gets made quickly and exactly to their specifications.”
Director of Operations
Bob is responsible for managing operations across Sava’s manufacturing, engineering and support services. A lifelong student of operations, Bob’s focus is on process improvement, employee engagement, efficiency, and quality.
“Our employees are committed to Sava’s mission and are at the core of our success. Our custom manufacturing operations are complex, and we are fortunate to have such an incredible team at the helm.”
WHY WORK AT SAVA?
Flexible Work Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
50 Years of Growth (and counting)
Great Work-life Balance
Company Gatherings & Events
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off (PTO)
401k Plan With Matching
Flexible Spending Accounts
10 Paid Holidays
Health Club Reimbursement
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Voluntary Community Outreach